Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

A Long-Postponed Book Tag!


Hello, lovelies!  My two good acquaintances here on the blog did a Book Tag awhile ago.  Since it's rather late and my mind doesn't want to totally compose a blog post, I though I would complete this tag myself! Hope you enjoy the answers! 

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack: 
I don't normally snack while I read (after all! You have you use both hands to keep the book open), but if I do, it would probably be pretzels. 

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I usually don't like the idea of marking my books, but there are times I do.  More specifically, if it's a text or school book.  Then I usually need all the notes and help I can get! ;)

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? 
Mostly a bookmark, but if not that, I usually just close the book and find my place again when I pick it back up.  It never takes me that long to find it. 

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
I used to read nothing but fiction, but as I grew older and broadened my reading sphere, I learned that I equally love both! Fiction is fun to take you away from the world, but non-fiction is so informative! I especially love non-fiction about the World Wars.  




Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
If I have the time, I like to read to the end of the chapter.  However, there are plenty of cases where I have had to stop suddenly or even *gasp of horror* IN THE MIDDLE OF A SENTENCE! 

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
Absolutely not. Books are friends, they are not meant to be thrown.  Of course, there are the occasional books where the author annoys me, but I will just put the book away for awhile until I am further prepared to read it again.  

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
No, not usually.  I have done so before, but only because I needed the clarification. I probably should make it a habit, though... It would enlarge my vocabulary quite a bit! 

What are you currently reading?
Christy by Catherine Marshall 
The Search for Joyful (sequel to Mrs. Mike) by Benedict and Nancy Freedman
Murder in the Cathedral by T.S. Eliot



What is the last book you bought?
Well, it's hard to list them all since I just made myself present at a book sale, but some of them are:
A Little Treasury of Great Poetry
Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
Charles Dickens Best Stories
and 
The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne 


Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
By all means - BOTH!  I love stand alones like A Tale of Two Cities, but at the same time I've devoured the Anne of Green Gables series more times than I can count!

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Yes! Absolutely! 
G.K. Chesterton, Cardinal Henry Newman, Fulton Sheen, L. M. Montgomery, P. G. Wodehouse, and C. S. Lewis.  Always good reads.  As far as books go, I would recommend the Narnia Series and the Lord of the Rings Series - both amazing.  And also The Best Man by Grace Livingston Hill and The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy.


How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.)
I would say I mostly organize my books by the author - I try to keep all the same authors works together. But if they're stand alones, then I will probably do it according to size.

I nominate:
Clare from Come Further Up
Samantha from Heavenly Aspirations 
Peregrin from Traveling Home
Rosamund from The Earthen Vessel 
and 
Patricia from In Corde Jesu
And whoever feels so inclined to do this! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Elizabeth! This was so kind of you. Your answers are simply lovely, and I'll have to get to this--soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Samantha! I have read your blog for a while, so I knew this was a tag you would enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. We are kindred spirits! You love Tale of Two Cities! (Oh my sweet goodness. That book makes me feel so lovely and achey.) Also, I saw that one of your favorite movies is Mr Smith Goes To Washington! *fangirls* Not many people have watched that and loved it! "We few, we happy few..." God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love A Tale of Two Cities - SO AMAZING! Actually, I love all the Dickens works that I have read. He's such a genius at his writing! I love all the intricate characters he puts in his stories! :)
      I LOVE Mr. Smith - and I'm an amazing fan of Jimmy Stewart, so that helps! :) Mr. Smith is an exceptional movie! I love every moment of it!

      God bless!

      Delete