Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book Tag

I'm sorry it takes me so long to post!  But I have good news!



I'm working on it... like... tomorrow...


In the meantime...
Here's a book tag!
I tag anyone who wants to do it.
(Just leave a comment and let me know!  I'd like to see your answers!)



Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack: 
An apple.  I know...  It's original...


What is your favourite drink while reading?
Tea!  I love tea.


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Frankly, it horrifies me.  (Although... I did a lot of underlining in The Confessions of St. Augustine.  I know.  I could hardly bring myself to do it.  I won't do it again!) 




How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? 
I just grab the nearest object and stick it in my book.  I've been doing better lately, though, and using bookmarks.


Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction!  Though I like other stuff, too.


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I had to learn at a very young age to stop anywhere.  On pain of death.  JK! 


Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
No... Although I have burned a few with unacceptable content... I owned them... Just so you know...


If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Only if it is most imperative.  Therefore, practically never.  I can usually figure it out by its context.


What are you currently reading?
The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas
The King's Achievement by Fr. Robert Hugh Benson
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky


What is the last book you bought?
Bleak House by Charles Dickens


Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
Any time at all... though I prefer times when I can do so undisturbed.  (Which leaves mostly at night in bed.)


 
Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
How am I to answer this question?  I guess it all depends.  I'm always very excited to hear one of my favorite books has a sequel, but I also dearly love the many stand alones I have. 


Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Yes!  Chesterton!  Always!  And Fr. Benson, Baroness Orczy, P. G. Wodehouse, Fr. Owen Francis Dudley... Oh, there are so many!
As for individual books... The Stranger by Malachy G. Carroll and The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope


How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.)
None of the above, really.  I guess kind of by genre.  I keep my authors together, and as for the rest... I stick them where they'll fit, or with other books of similar size, or from the same publisher, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo... I did the tag! Yes, almost three months after you posted this, haha.

    http://thegoldenroadblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sorry it took me so long to post your comment! I haven't been able to get on here in a while. I love your responses to the tag! I've been wanting to read North and South for a long time, but I haven't been able to get it yet. Next time I order books... :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, sure... no problem. :) Glad to hear it! I HIGHLY recommend North & South. Oh, so lovely. :)

      Delete